List of servers
This is the list of known Hedgewars servers. Roughly spoken, the main job of a server is to organize games and to give you a list of rooms to play (the lobby) and allow you to create your own rooms.
Normally, players would simply play on the official server but this list may be useful if the official server can’t be reached or is unsuitable for some other reason.
Connecting to any server will reveal your IP address to the server owner and possibly also comes with other security risks (e.g. server-side exploits).
Therefore we recommend to only use servers of people that you can actually trust, e.g. real-life friends (or the official Hedgewars development team of course).
List of servers
- [hwplay://netserver.hedgewars.org Join now]
- Operator: Hedgewars Project
- Note: This is the server you will join when you click on “Playing official network game” in the main menu
- [hwplay://m8y.org Join now]
- Operator: nemo
- [hwplay://srv1.wohlnet.ru Join now]
- Operator: Wohlstand
- Note: This server has a few minor modifications which are published by Wohlstand here: http://hedgewars.org/node/5811#comment-29434
Game Player Club’s server
- [hwplay://unreal.gameplayer.club Join now]
- Operator: MarisaG
How to join any server
The fast way
Click on the “Join now” link above. If your browser supports the “
hwplay” URL scheme (not the case by default), clicking on the link should start Hedgewars and join the server.
Your browser might ask you for an application to use for the “
hwplay” URL scheme. Tell your browser to use the Hedgewars application.
The slow way
- Go to the main menu.
- Click on “Play local network game” (Actually this menu is not only for local networks, so this is a misnomer)
- Click on “Specify”
- Enter the host adress and port number as specified
- Click on “OK”
That’s it! If the server is online and reachable, you will be transferred to the lobby.