Continental supplies is a style created by the Hedgewars user Vatten. It's distributed with the game. It has some new scripted weapons and broad spectrum of tactic possibilites.
Note: All information presented here refers to Continental supplies distributed with Hedgewars 0.9.21. Things might be different in other Hedgewars version.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 List of continents
- 2.1 North America
- 2.2 South America
- 2.3 Europe
- 2.4 Africa
- 2.5 Asia
- 2.6 Australia
- 2.7 Antarctica
- 2.8 Kerguelen
- 2.9 Zealandia
- 2.10 Sundaland
- 3 Random weapons
Wipe out all enemy teams.
Each player can choose one continent for his/her team in the first turn. This decision is final.
Each continent has an initial set of weapons and utilities, and optionally some continental and weapon specials.
Selecting a continent
On the first turn, before any weapon or utility has been used, the player can choose one of multiple continents by first making sure that skip is selected, then cycle through the contintents with the [Switch hog] key. Cycle backwars with the [Precise key]. Alternatively, the player can choose a continent directly by selecting one of the weapon symbols in the weapons menu, each symbol represents a continent. The “switch hog” symbol will select a random continent. This method can only be done before any continent has been selected. The continent description of the current team can be reviewed by pressing [Esc] during the game.
Once the first turn is over, or any weapon or utily from the continent has been used, the continent is selected and will stay with the team for the rest of the game.
If the player fails to select any continent in the first turn or skips without any selection, a random continent is chosen.
Some weapons have 1 or more special modes, specific to the team's continent, which make the weapons behave differently.
They can be enabled by selecting the main weapon first, and then pressing [Switch hog] to choose one of the special weapon modes. You can always switch back to “normal” mode where the weapons behaves normally, no special weapon behaviour is used then.
With a weapon special from Kerguelen, hedgehogs can be sabotaged. Sabotaged hedgehogs will emit smoke during their turn time and from time to time a cluter straight up.
Thus, a sabotaged hedgehog lives a dangerous life and should move quickly.
Sabotage can by healed by using the European special “Medicine”.
List of continents
- You get an air attack on every 5th turn.
- ∞ × shotgun
- ∞ × sniper rifle
- ∞ × Desert Eagle
- 4 × laser sight
- 1 × cake (delay: 4)
- 2 × air attack (delay: 4)
- 5 × switch hog
- Sniper rifle
- Green lipstick bullet: Fire like a normal sniper rifle; the hogs you hit don't take direct damage but get poisoned
- Eagle Eye: On the first shot, teleports your hog to the impact location safely. The impact damage is unchanged.
- ∞ × homing bee
- 1 × hellish hand grenade (delay: 5)
- ∞ × old limburger
- ∞ × flamethrower
- 1 × napalm (delay: 5)
- ∞ × Birdy
- 3 × extra damage (delay: 2)
- Old limburger
- Anno 1032: The explosion won't create poison clouds, but it will cause a strong knockback to hedgehogs. It has a wide range, but does not affect close hedgehogs (think of a donut-like shape).
- ∞ × bazooka
- ∞ × mortar
- ∞ × grenade
- ∞ × molotov cocktail
- 1 × piano strike (delay: 2)
- 4 × flying saucer
- 3 × vampirism
- 2 × resurrector
- Molotov cocktail
- Medicine: Will explode on impact in an explosion with does not deal damage, but instead adds 25 hit points to all hedgehogs in its effect radius, and even removes poisoning and sabotage (see #Kerguelen)
- 1 × drill rocket
- 1 × watermelon bomb (delay: 5)
- ∞ × seduction
- ∞ × sticky mines
- 1 × drill strike
- 2 × landspray
- 4 × invulnerable
- Dust storm: Deals 15 damage to all enemies in its effect radius
- Sticky mine
- Hedgehog projectile: Instead of firing a sticky mine, your own hedgehog will be pushed into the direction with the same amount of power as if you would have fired a sticky mine
- Napalm rocket: Fire 2 napalm rockets which burst into fire after a short time or on impact.
- You get a parachute every 2nd turn.
- Drop a bomb: Drops a ball of dirt which will turn into an explosive cluster on impact. It does not end your turn. Press [Switch hog] to drop the bomb while the parachute is active
- Baseball bat
- Cricket time: Drop a mine with an 1 second timer without ending your turn. You need to stand close to any of your team mates and must be far away from any enemy hedgehogs for this to work.
- Antarctic summer: Gives you one construction, 1 mudball, 2 sine guns and 2 portable portal devices every fourth turn.
- 2 × mudball
- 4 × sine gun
- 2 × freezer
- ∞ × pickhammer
- 2 × construction
- 2 × portable portal device (delay: 2)
- 2 × extra time
- Penguin roar: Deals 15 damage + 15% of the your current hedgehog's health to all hedgehogs in the effect radius (except you) and earn 2/3 of the dealt damage as health
- Disguise as a Rockhopper Penguin (delayed for 2 turns): Swap places with a random enemy hedgehog in the effect radius.
- Lonely Cries: Rise the water and deal 7 damage to all enemy hedgehogs. No hedgehog except the current one must be in the circle for this to work.
- Sabotage: If there are other hedgehogs in the circle, they all will receive 1 damage and get sabotaged (see #Sabotaged hedgehogs).
- Flare: If you are alone in the circle, you will fire a single cluster straight up
- You get 1-3 random weapons per turn (see #Random weapons for details)
- You get a large set of weapons on the first turn
- Your entire equipment is lost at the end of each turn
Weapons on first turn
- 1 × bazooka
- 1 × homing bee
- 1 × mortar
- 1 × drill rocket
- 1 × mudball
- 1 × grenade
- 1 × cluster bomb
- 1 × Desert Eagle
- 1 × flamethrower
- 1 × shoryuken
- 1 × whip
- 1 × pickhammer
- 1 × blowtorch
- 1 × construction
- 1 × landspray
- 1 × rope
- 1 × teleportation
- 1 × flying saucer
- 1 × Birdy
- 1 × invulnerable
- 1 × vampirism
- ∞ × switch hog
- 1 × low gravity
- 1 × extra time
- You receive 2-4 random weapons (see #Random weapons for details) per kill, even on your own hedgehogs
How random weapon selection works
Internally, each weapon gets a delay value and a power value assigned. Weapons with a delay of 0 are instantly available, weapons with a delay greater than 0 won't be in the pool of weapons until the game has reached enough rounds, from which point the weapon could be randomly received.
The power value is used to determine how many weapons the player gets, primarily for balancing reasons.
Weapon selection for Zealandia
At the 2nd and later turns, this is what happens internally:
First, one random weapon is chosen from the list of primary weapons except the weapons which are still delayed, of course.
If the first weapon's power is smaller than 2, a supplemental equipment item is chosen. If the sum of the power of both weapons/utilities is smaller than 1, or no second weapon has been chosen and the power value of the first weapon was smaller than 1, a third primary weapon is chosen.
Weapon selection for Sundaland
For each kill you are guaranteed to always win one primary weapon and one supplemental weapon.
If the sum of the power values of both weapons/utilities is smaller than 2, another primary weapon is chosen.
Now the sum of all chosen weapons/utilities is calculated again. If it's smaller than 1, another primary weapon is chosen.
Here are some examples to show you what happens internally when a new set of random weapons is chosen for you:
- Zealandia, at the 2nd turn:
- The first weapon is randomly chosen from the primary weapons: a Bazooka
- Since the power value was 0, supplemental item is chosen, which is a Parachute (power value 0)
- The sum is still 0, so a third weapon is chosen from the primary weapons, this time it is a grenade
- Result: You receive 1 bazooka, 1 parachute and 1 grenade
- Zealandia, at the 10th turn:
- First weapon: Piano Strike
- The power value is already 2, so no more weapons will be added
- Result: You receive 1 piano strike
- Sundaland, your first kill on the 9th turn:
- You get a kamikaze and a rope
- The sum of their powers equals 1, so you get another primary weapon: an air attack
- Now the total sum is 2, so it's the end of the line
- Result: You receive 1 kamikaze, 1 rope and 1 air attack
- Sundaland, a kill on the 10th turn:
- You got lucky and received a ballgun and a flying saucer
- But their power value is 3, so there are no more weapons
- Result: You receive 1 ballgun and 1 flying saucer
Random weapon lists
|Hellish hand grenade||5||2|
|Portable portal device||2||1|