The basic settings are a part of the game scheme configuration.
Basic settings overview
Here is a list of available basic settings:
- Damage modifier: Overall damage of most weapons, also affects pushback, but not explosion size. Notably, the hammer is not affected
- Turn time: Turn time in seconds
- Initial health: Initial health for all hedgehogs (In King Mode, the king's health may differ)
- Sudden Death Timeout: Number of turns before Sudden Death starts
- Sudden Death Water Rise: How much (in pixels) the water rises in Sudden Death per turn
- Sudden Death Damage: Damage each hedgehog gets per turn while in Sudden Death, but it can not die from it
- % Rope Length: Length of all ropes in percent from the default
- Crate Drops The probability that a crate drops before a turn. Note that the values only a statistical average, the crates will not neccessarily actually drop “every second turn”. “Every second turn” means the probability of a crate dropping between turns is 1/2, for “Every third turn” it is 1/3, etc.
- % Health Crates: The chance that one dropped crate is a health crate. Other crates will be either ammo crates or utility crates
- Health in Crates: How much health points you get for collecting a health crate.
- Mines Time: Timer before mines explode. Random timer is a time between 0 and 5 seconds.
- Mines: How many mines spawn on a new map on average. Note: This number is adjusted to a medium-sized random island and will be scaled for bigger and smaller maps.
- % Dud Mines: How many percent of mines placed in the landscape are dud mines. Mines you manually placed will always have a 100% success rate, but mines from the mine strike are subject to this dud mine percentage
- Explosives: Average number of barrels on a new map. Note: This number is adjusted to a medium-sized random island and will be scaled for bigger and smaller maps.
- % Get Away Time: Percentage of how much time you get after an attack
- World Edge: Choose whether you want to add two endless walls at the left and right side of the map. You can choose between the following:
- None: There is no world edge
- Bounce: Everything will bounce off from it, there is no escape
- Wrap-around: Things which go through the world edge at one side will appear at the other side
- Ocean: The ocean will rise straight up at the edge instead of being flat. On Sudden Death, the left and right ocean walls will move towars the center.
- Script Parameter: Additional parameteters for styles (also called “scripts”). The meaning of this field depends on the style you use. This field is ignored if no style is used (“Normal” mode). When in doubt, leave this field empty.
Script Parameter Standard Format
Most styles follow a simple format for the script parameter.
It is a comma-seperated list of key-and-value pairs.
A key-and-value pair is simply a short text (the key) followed by an equals sign followed by another short text (the value of the key). A key-and-value pair specifies a single setting for the style.
Spaces are allowed after a comma to improve readability, but not in a key-and-value pair.
rounds=4: Has a single key “rounds” which has been assigned the value “4”. This could be used in TechRacer to play with 4 rounds instead of 3.
rounds=4, m=5: Same as above, but it also has a key “m” with value “5”. This is another TechRacer example.
a=b, d=e, f=4, foo=bar: Another example with arbitrary values.
example=1,test=2: Example without spaces.
rounds = 4: Warning! This will assign the key “rounds ” the value “ 4” (mind the spaces!). This is probably not what you want and will not cause TechRacer to use 4 rounds.
You don't have to specify every possible key-and-value pair when using styles. You can safely omit some or all of them, the styles will simply assume default values.
Sudden Death notes
- To disable Sudden Death, set both Sudden Death Water Rise and Sudden Death Damage to 0.
- If Sudden Death Water Rise is greater than 0 but Sudden Death Damage equals 0, there will be no graphical Sudden Death effects (only different music, but no change in water color or background).